Amcrest ProHD 1080P Video Security System was brought into the market by Foscam, US. CCTV cameras are placed in chosen areas around your home or office.
A central control panel connects the system together. Featuring a secure, closed network this security system is easy to set up and use.
To top it off a 1 year warranty is offered plus domestic lifetime support.
Amcrest ProHD 1080P 8CH Video Security System
- Amcrest's HD Over Analog (HDCVI) offering finally brings crisp 1920x1080p (1920tvl) resolution to the closed-circuit platform, allowing you to take advantage of existing CCTV/coaxial infrastructure and save cost over IP.
- Includes 8 x HD 2.1MP IP66 bullet & dome cameras generating 1920 x 1080p video @ 30fps. Cameras have a 3.6mm lens and wide 75 Degree viewing angle. View and record with remote viewing on standard web browsers as well iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- Plug & Play setup, access and control. Scan QR Code on DVR from "Amcrest View" App to instantly access live viewing and playback. Closed-circuit is easier to secure than IP: the DVR Functions as the single access point for all cameras.
- USB backup feature for peace of mind, IP66 heavy-duty metal indoor/outdoor weatherproof cameras, and powerful IR-LED night vision. All systems CE & FCC certified with UL compliant power supplies. All purchases from Amcrest Authorized Retailers include a 1 Year Domestic Warranty plus Lifetime Support
- Pre-installed 2 TB hard drive records 360 hours on all 8 channels in 1080p @ 30fps using motion detection or scheduled recording. Latency-free analog transmission shows activity in real-time. Transmission distance of 1,640ft (500m) from camera to DVR.
The HD over Analog offers 1920 x 1080p (1920tvl) resolution videos at 30 frames per second from the closed circuit system.
This security system comes with 8 HD 2.1MP IP66 bullet and dome cameras but you can change this configuration if you desire. The cameras have a 3.6mm lens with a 75 degree viewing angle.
Recordings can be made and viewed live through web browsers or via the Amcrest app on iPhones, iPads, Tablets and Android devices.
Closed circuit means it is much easier to secure than IP (Internet Protocol)cameras because the DVR is the one access point for the cameras.
With a USB backup feature any video footage is stored. Featuring IP66 heavy-duty metal, weatherproof cameras as well as infrared LED night vision these cameras are durable.
The system also comes with a pre-installed 2 TB hard drive which can record up to 360hours across the 8 channels in 1080p at 30 frames per second.
A combination of motion detection and scheduled recording can be used.
Transmission range of up to 1,640feet (500m) from camera to DVR is quite the distance.
Pros of Amcrest 1080P Surveillance System
- Weatheproof, durable cameras can be positioned anywhere indoors and outdoors
- High quality 1080p video recording and imaging
- Easy to set up and instal. Even easier if you are upgrading your current system
- Motion detection and intruder alerts
- Remote viewing access from the app or web browser
- Pre loaded 2Tb hard drive for up to 360hours of continual recording.
Cons of Amcrest 1080p Surveillance System
- Can use the internet data quite rapidly
- Quite expensive but has a lot of good features that warrant the price
Easy Set Up
It’s as easy as connecting the cameras directly to the DVR. This is literally a plug in set up and within minutes will have you everything functioning.
The more time consuming part is deciding on the location of your cameras around your home or office.
If you have exisiting infrastructure then upgrading to a HDCVI is a matter of swapping the cameras and DVR but leaving the current cabling in place.
Using high intensity infrared LEDs the cameras produce extremely clear images and recordings up to 65 feet away.
The infrared mode is automatically activated in low lighting conditions to provide the best quality image.
Motion Detection and Alerts
The user has the ability to customize when they receive alerts. By programming perimeter zones or areas with the camera the technology will alert the user when these are breached.
There is also the ability to customize the system to prevent false alarms such as a plant blowing around in the wind.
When it alerts the user there are a few ways it will do so – via e-mail and turning on the DVR buzzer to trigger recording.
Rest assured that these cameras are very durable and regardless of the weather conditions will monitor your home or office will.
Designed to last and perform well in all conditions these are very reliable cameras.
Included in the Kit
- 1 x 1080p 8-Channel DVR w/ Pre-Installed 2TB HDD
- 8 x 2.1MP Bullet/Dome Cameras
- 4 x 60ft Cables
- 4 x 100ft Cables
- 2 x 4CH Power Supply
- 1 x DVR Power Supply
- User Manual and Quick Start Guide
- 1 Year Domestic Warranty plus Lifetime Support
The Amcrest 1080p is a very user friendly security system and very easy to set up. With exceptional, high quality video recording this is a fantastic surveillance system for the home or the office. While the price is a little high the features of the security system make it worth it. With a 1 year warranty and lifetime customer support the Amcrest 1080p is an overall great choice for a surveillance camera.